Analogue first class pyranometer with heater
SR15-A1 is a high-accuracy solar radiation sensor. It is” First Class” according to the ISO 9060:1990 standard and “Spectrally Flat Class B” in the 2018 revision. With its on-board heater, it is compliant in its standard configuration with the requirements for “Class B” PV monitoring systems of the new IEC 61724-1:2017 standard. SR15-A1 measures the solar radiation received by a plane surface from a 180 o field of view angle. This quantity, expressed in W/m2 , is called “hemispherical” solar radiation. SR15-A1 pyranometer can be employed outdoors under the sun, as well as indoors with lamp-based solar simulators. Its orientation depends on the application and may be horizontal, tilted (for plane of array radiation) or inverted (for reflected radiation).
PV system performance monitoring: compliant with IEC class B
IEC 61724-1: Photovoltaic System Performance Monitoring - Guidelines for Measurement, Data Exchange and Analysis - requires heating for Class B monitoring. SR15-A1, with its on-board heater, offers Class B compliance without the need for additional accessories.
Improved measurement accuracy
Calibration of SR15-A1 pyranometer has been improved; our latest calibration method results in an uncertainty of the sensitivity of 1.8 %, compared to typical uncertainties of higher than 2.8 % for this pyranometer class. SR15-A1 response time is < 10 s, and its zero offset a is 5 W/m2 unventilated; significant improvements relative to earlier sensors.
SR15-A1 pyranometer design
SR15-A1 first class pyranometer with heater employs a thermal sensor with black coating, two glass domes and an anodised aluminium body.
- PV system performance monitoring
- general solar resource monitoring
- indoor simulated solar testing
- meteorological networks
- best measurement accuracy in first class
- improved response time
- with on-board heater: compliant with IEC 61724-1 Class B in its standard configuration
- adapted sensitivity range
- spring-loaded levelling; practical for easy mounting, levelling and instrument exchange on flat surfaces
- tube levelling mount with set of bolts
- with PMF01 pyranometer mounting fixture
- longer cable; 10 and 20 metres length
- 20 metres extension cable with 2 connectors
Are you interested in one of our products?
Are you interested in using one of our products and do you still have some questions open?
Or would you like to get a quote?
- hemispherical solar radiation
- ISO classification
- first class pyranometer; spectrally flat class B pyranometer (2018)
- IEC 61724-1 compliance
- meets Class B PV monitoring system requirements
- Calibration uncertainty
- < 1.8 % (k = 2)
- Calibration traceability
- to WRR
- Spectral range
- 285 to 3000 x 10-9 m
- Sensitivity (nominal)
- 10 x 10-6 V/(W/m2)
- Analogue output
- Response time
- < 10 s
- Zero offset a
- 5 W/m2 unventilated
- Rated operating temperature range
- -40 to +80 °C
- Temperature response
- < ± 2 %
(-10 to +40 °C)
- 1.5 W at 12 VDC
- Standard cable length
- 5 m
- optional spring-loaded levelling, with / without tube mount